AICTE is conducting the first National level Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)-2012 for facilitating institutions to select suitable students for admission in all management programmes approved by AICTE for the year 2012-13. The testing window for computer based test will be open for nine days i.e. from 20th February, 2012 to 28th February, 2012 in 61 cities.
The candidates will have option of selecting date and city for appearing in the test. The initiative has been taken to address the issue of physical, mental and financial stress being imposed on the students through number of entrance examinations being followed by the institutions for admission into all Management Programmes in AICTE approved institutions based on the relevant judgment of the Hon’ble Supreme Court.
The Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)-2012 will be conducted online in 61 cities from 20th February to 28th February, 2012 and scores awarded will be used for admission in the post graduate management programs both at Degree & Diploma level at national level for year 2012-13.
The respective Secretaries of the state dealing with technical education and Vice chancellors of the universities have been requested to advise the competent authority for admissions in their respective States & jurisdiction to use the scores of CMAT-2012 for allotment of students in the AICTE approved management institutions for academic year 2012-13. The institutions and State governments are required to register online free of charge for opting to CMAT-2012 scores for admissions for academic year 2012-13. The minority institutions shall effect admissions as per
the provision available for such categories.
Features of CMAT
• The National level test will be conducted for nine days from 20th to 28th February in two shifts at 61 cities/locations.
• CMAT will be a computer based test for three hours duration.
• The common admission test will reduce the burden on candidates due to appearance in multiple tests.
• CMAT scores will help students seek admissions in all management programmes (4 lakh seats) in AICTE approved Institutions / University Departments.
Further details of CMAT will be available on www.aicte-cmat.in
Important Dates for CMAT 2012
Registration window opens on 9.12.11
Last Date for Online Registration 9.01.12
Print out of Hall ticket From 30.01.2012
Online test dates 20.02.12 to 28.02.12 09.30 am – 12.30 pm (1st Test Timings Shift) 02.30 pm – 5.30 pm (2nd Shift)
Declaration of result 11.03.12
Print out of Score Cards From 11.03.12 to 11.04.12
Pattern of examination for CMAT
Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation 25 Questions 100 Marks
Logical Reasoning 25Qs 100 Marks
Language Comprehension 25Qs 100 Marks
General Awareness 25Qs 100 Marks
There shall be negative marking for wrong answers, for each wrong answer 1 mark shall be deducted
Eligibility Criteria for CMAT
Graduates in any discipline or Final year students of Graduate Courses can apply for CMAT.
NOTE: The eligibility criteria for admission to Management programs (Diploma and Post Graduation) is as mentioned below
1 Management (PGDM,MBA and similar)
- Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 Yrs duration Obtained at least 50% (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying Examination
2 Management (PGCM) Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 Yrs duration
3 Management (Executive PGDM)
- Any recognized Bachelors degree of minimum 3 years duration and a minimum of 5 years relevant managerial / supervisory experience.
- Obtained at least 50% (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying Examination