Part time MBA courses are increasingly getting popular in India. These courses are primarily designed for working professionals and are offered by several colleges and universities in India. Part time MBA courses help in expanding one’s knowledge base. It is also very useful in getting that extra edge in the times of tough competition. Having a MBA degree on one’s resume generally enhances the chances of getting a job with a good company.
Part time MBA courses can also be used as a means of changing one’s career or to accelerate the existing career. Having a part time MBA degree under one’s belt, increase job opportunities manifold. Compared to a full time program of two years, normally a part time MBA program takes three to five years depending upon institution and course. Several reputed colleges across India offer this course.
Students and professionals with a desire of advancing their career find it very useful to go for a part time MBA course. Normally the class hours are scheduled in such a way that, one can do his job as well as attend the classes. Many companies also sponsor these courses for their employees so that is of great advantage for the aspirants.
Normally the course curriculum incorporates real life situation which helps in expanding the knowledge base. Mumbai is one of the educational and financial hubs in India. It has several good MBA colleges who offer part time courses. These courses are designed keeping in mind industry requirements and current day needs. Few of the institutes are
- National institute of Industrial engineering (NITIE)
- Chetana’s r. K. Institute of Management & research
- IIT, mumbai- Sailesh J. Mehta Schoolof management
- Jamnalal bajaj institute of Management studies
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and research
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
- L N Welingkar Institute of Management development & research
- S P Jain Institute of Management & Research (NMIMS)