US News MBA Rankings 2011
In the US News & World Report’s 2011 MBA Rankings, Harvard Business School and the Stanford Graduate School of Business have tied for the first position nationally, followed by MIT Sloan in the third place.
Business schools with improvement in the rankings:
- MIT’s Sloan School of Management is placed No. 3, advancing from the No. 5 spot in 2010 league table.
- University of Chicago Booth School of Business moved up a place to tied for 5th with Wharton.
- New York University successfully made it to the top 10, up from 11th last year.
- University of Virginia Darden School of Business up two places to 13th this year.
In addition US News has compiled a list of specialty rankings in the following areas: Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Executive MBA, Finance, Information Systems, International, Management, Marketing, Nonprofit, Part-time MBA, Production / Operations, Supply Chain / Logistics. Northwestern’s Kellogg School of Management took the top spot in the Part-time M.B.A. rankings, while the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School is rated top for its EMBA program.
Ranking of MBA programs (Top 10 list):
1. Harvard University (MA)
Stanford University (CA)
3. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Sloan)
4. Northwestern University (Kellogg) (IL)
5. University of Chicago (Booth)
University of Pennsylvania (Wharton)
7. Dartmouth College (Tuck) (NH)
University of California-Berkeley (Haas)
9. Columbia University (NY)
9. New York University (Stern)
Source: U.S. News